Introducing…Luba from Camberwell Market Poultry! We sat down with Luba to chat about all things chicken and poultry and to find out a little bit more about Luba herself.
1. How long have you been at the Market?
Four years. But I have owned other chicken shops before Camberwell Market Poultry.
2. Tell us something your customers may not know about you?
I’ve been in the chicken industry since I was 19 years old. My first job was in the Ingham packing facility in Springvale where I spent 5 ½ years finessing all my skills. I then decided that I would prefer working with customers, so I decided to start my own chicken shop. I haven’t looked back since!
3. What’s one thing that you find unique to this Market?
It’s the customers. Camberwell Market customers hold the highest regard for quality that I’ve ever seen, in all my years in the industry. It’s wonderful.
4. Do you have a favourite Market memory?
In general, Christmas time at the Market provides me with many happy memories. I love seeing my customers over this period; they’re festive and happy and that makes me smile.
5. What’s the most common thing customers ask you for?
Chicken thigh fillets. Chicken breast schnitzels. Chicken breasts. There is actually a lot!
6. What do you love cooking the most?
I don’t really like cooking when I’m busy with work 😊, but when I have time, I’ll cook a spicy chicken stir fry or a hot chicken curry.
7. When you eat out, what do you like to order?
If I’m not eating chicken, I love stir-fried beef with broccoli, and I also really enjoy spicy pork ribs.
8. What do you love most about being part of the Market?
I love being part of the Market community; we support each other and recommend each other to our customers. We look out for one another. I especially love my neighbours, Camberwell Market Seafood; they’ve been here for over 20 years!