Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 50 mins.
Serves: 12 people
Cuisine: Side or main
Skill Level: Easy
- ½ Cup White Quinoa
- 1 Cup water
- 300G Vine-ripened Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Cup basil leaves
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 Eggs
- 2¼ Cups grated zucchini (courgette)
- ¾ Cup grated haloumi
- ¼ Cup LSA+
- ¼ Cup finely chopped chives
- ⅓ Cup basil, extra chopped
- Place the quinoa and water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil, then cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 12 minutes or until almost tender. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper on a small oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Drizzle with half the oil and cook for 10 minutes or until the tomatoes have softened.
- Place the eggs, cooked quinoa, zucchini, haloumi, LSA, chives, chopped basil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add ¼ cup of the zucchini mixture and cook for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining oil and mixture. Serve fritters with warm roasted tomatoes and crispy basil.
Note: LSA is a mixture of ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds.
Nick & Sue’s Deli or Camberwell Market Deli:
- White Quinoa
- Extra virgin olive oil
Camberwell Fruit & Vege:
- Vine-ripened Cherry Tomatoes
- Basil leaves
- Zucchini (courgette)
- Cracked black pepper