Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Yield: 8-10 servings
Skill Level: Easy
- 1½ cups (510g) orange marmalade
- ¼ cup (70g) dijon mustard
- ½ cup (125ml) whisky
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 5-6kg ham leg, skin removed and trimmed
- Cloves, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the marmalade, mustard, whisky, and salt in a saucepan over high heat and whisk to combine. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low, and cook for 5–7 minutes or until thickened slightly. Strain and set aside.
- Use a small, sharp knife to score the ham in a diamond pattern and cover the hock with aluminium foil (this will prevent it from burning). Place the ham on a lightly greased wire rack in a baking dish lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Push a clove into each diamond and brush ham with the glaze. Roast for 35–40 minutes, brushing with the glaze every 10 minutes, or until the ham is golden and caramelised.
Camberwell Market Fresh Fruit & Veg
Nick & Sue’s Gourmet Deli or Camberwell Deli
- Orange marmalade
- Dijon mustard
- Sea salt flakes
- Ham leg, skin removed and trimmed