Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
Skill Level: Easy
- 6 white or yellow peaches or nectarines, stones removed and sliced into wedges
- 6 plums or apricots, stones removed and quartered
- ⅓ cup (40g) fresh passionate fruit pulp
- 1½ cups (185g) fresh or frozen raspberries
- Whipped cream, to serve
- 225ml egg whites (about 6 eggs)
- 1 cup (220g) CSR raw caster (superfine) sugar
- ¼ cup (35g) CSR coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1½ teaspoons white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Place the peaches, plums, passionfruit, and raspberries into a deep 25cm x 35cm (10-inch x 13¾ inch) baking dish. Set aside.
- To make the meringue, place the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Combine the caster sugar and coconut sugar in a bowl. Add the mixed sugars to the egg whites, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking until each addition has dissolved before adding more.
- Once all the sugar has been added, scrape down the sides of the bowl and whisk for a further 10–15 minutes or until thick and glossy.
- Place the cornflour and vinegar in a small bowl and mix until smooth. Add the cornflour mixture to the egg white mixture and gently fold through.
- Spoon the meringue mixture over the top of the fruits. Reduce oven temperature to 140°C (275°F) and bake for 1 hour or until the meringue has crisp edges. Serve warm or chilled with whipped cream.
Cook’s note: I recommend a freestyle approach to the fruits you use in this pavlova – just look to the season for inspiration!
Golden Rooster or Camberwell Poultry
Camberwell Market Fresh Fruit & Vegetables
- White or yellow peaches or nectarines
- Plums or apricots
- Passionate fruit
- Fresh or frozen raspberries
Nick & Sue’s Gourmet Deli or Camberwell Deli
- White vinegar
- Caster sugar
- Coconut sugar
- Cornflour (cornstarch)