Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Serves: 6-8 people
Cuisine: Side dish
Skill Level: Easy
- 2/3 cup / 165 ml oil (must be either Rice Bran Oil, Peanut Oil, Corn Oil, Sunflower Oil)
- 75-2kg medium-large potatoes
- 5 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp semolina
- 2 tsp rosemary, roughly chopped
- Sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 250° Pour oil into a metal baking tray and place in the oven.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the potatoes into 5-7cm chunks and boil a large pot of water then add 1 tbsp salt. Add the potatoes and boil for 10 minutes, then drain, making sure all water is removed. Allow to stand for 5 minutes to steam out extra water.
- Add the semolina and remaining salt to the pot. Place the lid on, then shake the pot vigorously to rough up the potatoes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, the oil should be hot enough. Test it by tossing in a potato – it should sizzle straight away. Carefully transfer the potatoes into the tray. Turn the potatoes to coat them in the oil, then replace the tray into the oven, turning the oven down to 220°C.
- Roast for 1 hr 15 minutes, turn the potatoes once during baking. Cook until deep golden and super crunchy.
- Transfer to warm serving bowl. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and rosemary, serve and enjoy!
Camberwell Market Fruit & Veg
Nick & Sues Deli or Camberwell Market Deli
- Oil (Rice Bran Oil, Peanut Oil, Corn Oil, Sunflower Oil)