Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 55 minutes
Serves: 6-8 people
Skill Level: Easy
- 2 (about 1.3kg each) whole fresh chickens, each cut into 4 or 6 pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 435ml (1 3/4 cups) liquid chicken stock
- 90g (1/3 cup) Light Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- Salt, to season
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Season chicken, then cook half the chicken for 3-4 minutes each side until golden. Once cooked, transfer to a tray lined with paper towel then repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Add garlic and onion to the pan and cook till golden. Add the fennel seeds and paprika and continue to cook for a minute. Add tomato and stock, then stir together. Add the chicken and bring the whole mixture to the boil.
- Once boiling, bring to low heat, cover then simmer for 50 minutes. Uncover, then simmer for a further 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in sour cream then sprinkle with parsley. All that’s left to do is serve and enjoy!
Golden Rooster or Camberwell Market Poultry
- Whole chicken
- Liquid Chicken Stock
Camberwell Market Fruit & Veg
- Olive oil
- Brown onion
- Sweet paprika
- Fennel seeds
- Continental parsley
Nick & Sues Deli or Camberwell Market Deli
- Light Sour Cream
- Olive oil