Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 4 hrs.
Total Time: 4 hrs. and 10 mins.
Serves: 4 people
Skill Level: Easy
- 1/2 Bunch each flat-leaf parsley and mint leaves picked
- 1 Bunch tarragon, leaves picked
- 2 Anchovy fillets in oil, drained
- 1 Tbsp Capers in brine, rinsed, drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 140ml Mild extra virgin olive oil
- 1.8kg Boneless butterflied lamb shoulder
Whiz all ingredients, except lamb, in a food processor until smooth. Season. Place lamb on a baking tray and coat with half the salsa verde (cover and chill remaining salsa verde until ready to serve). Cover lamb and chill overnight.
The next day, preheat the oven to 200°C. Bring lamb to room temperature, then place in a roasting pan and season with salt.
Roast for 1 hour, then reduce oven to 150°C. Place a small ovenproof bowl of water in the base of the oven to create steam (this will help prevent the lamb from burning).
Roast for 3 1/2 hours or until lamb is very tender. Remove from oven and rest, loosely covered with foil, for 20 minutes.
Carve lamb and drizzle over the remaining salsa verde to serve.
- Boneless butterflied lamb shoulder
Nick & Sue’s Deli or Camberwell Market Deli:
- Mild extra virgin olive oil
- Capers in brine
- Anchovies in oil
Camberwell Fruit & Veg:
- Fresh tarragon
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fresh mint leaves