Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2-5 minutes (toasting time)
Total Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4-6 people
Skill Level: Easy
LEMON-DILL CREAM CHEESE
- 250g spreadable cream cheese
- 4 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
BASE & TOPPINGS
- 4-6 bagels (your choice!)
- 200g cold-smoked salmon
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- ¼ cucumber
- 2 tbsp capers
- Chilli flakes
- Lemon (optional garnish)
- First, make your lemon-dill cream cheese by placing the cream cheese into a mixing bowl, and beat with a hand mixer for about a minute. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh dill and salt and pepper to season, then beat for an additional 30 seconds. Set aside when mixed.
- To scramble your eggs, crack eggs into a bowl and lightly whisk until combined. Add the butter to a fry pan on low heat and when it starts foaming, pour in the eggs. Allow it to sit for a minute, then using a spatula pull the eggs from the edges of the pan into the centre and repeat until the eggs have formed lovely, light ribbons. Spoon into a medium sized serving bowl, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Preheat your oven grill to 190 degrees. Carefully slice your bagels in half, then place them in a baking tray lined with baking paper. Place the tray in the grill and toast as desired.
- While the bagels are toasting, slice the red onion, cucumbers and tomatoes. Spoon the capers, chilli flakes and lemon-dill cream cheese into small serving bowls.
- Start arranging your breakfast board by placing the smoked-salmon and eggs in the centre of the board. Then, arrange the capers, lemon-dill cream cheese, tomato, onion, cucumber and chilli flakes around the smoked-salmon.
- Once bagels are toasted, arrange them on the wooden breakfast board on the outer edges.
- Finish off your breakfast board by adding any extra ingredients like berries, grapes or nuts. Don’t forget to add serving spoons and forks to the board, and you’re ready for breakfast in bed.
Pro tip: You can spice up your board with anything! Fry or poach your eggs instead. Add bacon or prosciutto or even introduce waffles or muffins. It’s all up to you! And you can find all these amazing ingredients at the market.
- Sliced smoked salmon
Nick & Sue’s Gourmet Deli or Camberwell Deli
- Cream cheese
Golden Rooster or Camberwell Market Poultry
Camberwell Market Fruit & Veg
- Small red onion