Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
- Kosher salt
- 350g penne pasta
- 1 cup peas
- 2 large eggs, plus 1 egg white
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 90g sharp cheddar cheese, grated (1 scant cup)
- 90g mozzarella cheese, grated (about 1 cup)
- 90g fontina cheese, grated (1 scant cup)
- 90g deli ham, in 1 piece, diced
- 90g parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add salted water and bring to boil. Add penne pasta, then cook for 8 minutes or until al dente. Once pasta is cooked, add the fresh peas and cook for a further 2 minutes, then strain and return the pasta and peas to the pot. Add butter, then stir into the pasta until it’s melted and coated the contents of the pot.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, evaporated milk and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Then, add the cheddar, mozzarella, fontina and the egg mixture to the pot with the pasta and peas. Return to medium-low heat and cook, stirring constantly until the cheese is melted and everything has thickened. This should take roughly 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the ham halfway through cooking, then once done remove from heat and mix in the parmesan. Serve, and enjoy!
Pro tip: Don’t let the mixture boil or the eggs will scramble.
Golden Rooster or Camberwell Market Poultry
- Large eggs
Camberwell Market Fruit & Veg
- Fresh Peas
Nick & Sues Deli or Camberwell Market Deli
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Fontina cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Unsalted butter
- Deli ham
- Penne pasta
- Kosher Salt
- Evaporated milk