Mangoes. Sweet, sweet mangoes. Pair them with chia seeds and a few other tasty ingredients and you’ll lift your breakfast (or dessert) game, to the next level!
Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour
Cuisine: Breakfast or dessert
Skill Level: Easy
For the mango puree
- 2 medium-sized mangoes
For the chia pudding
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk 2 cups
- ½ cup of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of cardamom
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
For the toppings (your choice)
- Greek Yoghurt
- Chopped mango
- Granola or muesli
- Toasted coconut
- Crushed almonds or macadamias
- Pour the chia seeds into a medium-sized bowl. Add the coconut milk, cardamom, vanilla and maple syrup and mix thoroughly.
- Place the chia seed mixture in the fridge for approximately 1 hour so the seeds will expand.
- Meanwhile, chop the two mangoes roughly.
- Put chopped mango into the blender and puree into a smooth consistency.
- Take a glass, and spoon some of the chia pudding into each glass then top with the mango puree. Repeat this step.
- Top with Greek Yoghurt and your choice of chopped mangoes, toasted coconut, and/or toasted nuts.
- Serve immediately.