Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4-6 people
Skill Level: Easy
- 250g fresh prawns (peeled and deveined, leave tails on if desired)
- 250g fresh sea scallops
- 250g fresh clams
- 250g fresh mussels
- 350g pasta of your choice (we recommend fettuccine or penne)
- 2 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided use
- 1/2 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 800g canned pureed whole tomatoes
- 2 tsp garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a medium pan, heat olive oil then add the onions and cook until softened. Add the garlic and stir in red pepper flakes (optional) and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the pureed tomatoes to the pan, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the butter, then remove from heat and set aside.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions. Drain the pasta, reserving 3/4 cup liquid from the pot.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a second large frypan over high heat. Starting with the scallops, season them with salt and pepper, then add them to the pan to cook for 1-2 minutes per side or until browned. Remove then set aside.
- Next, season the prawns with salt and pepper then cook in the pan for 3-4 minutes or until pink and opaque, then remove from the pan and set aside with the scallops.
- Then place the reserved pasta water into the plan and bring to a simmer. Place the clams and mussels in the pan and water and cook for 4-6 minutes until the clams and mussels have opened. Discard any shells that do not open.
- Add the scallops and prawns back to the pan, then add tomato sauce and pasta and toss to coat everything with the sauce.
- Finally, sprinkle with parsley, serve and enjoy.
Kingfisher Seafood or Camberwell Market Seafood
Nick & Sue’s Gourmet Deli or Camberwell Market Deli
- Pasta of your choice
- Canned pureed tomatoes
- Olive oil
Camberwell Market Fruit & Veg
- Chilli flakes