Serves 8 | Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 40 mins |Total Time: 1 hour |Easy
3 tbsp olive oil, plus more to grease the tin
1 large apple, peeled, quartered and core removed
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
110g self-raising flour
50g brown sugar
3 soft toffees
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan (190°C no fan). Grease a small loaf tin (500g) with some olive oil.
- Grate the apple, and place it in a large bowl.
- Break the egg into a small bowl. Add the egg to the grated apple, along with 3 tbsp of oil and the vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour and sugar to the mixture, and stir until well combined. The mixture will be quite firm, so keep stirring until all the flour is fully incorporated. Transfer the mixture into the prepared loaf tin.
- Arrange 3 toffees in a row within the mixture. Place the tin in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until it’s fully cooked. Allow it to cool before removing it from the tin and slicing it.