Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Yield: 8-10 servings
Skill Level: Easy
- 5.5kg large Sebago (starchy) potatoes, peeled
- 1¼ cups (310g) duck fat+, melted
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Trim the rounded edges of each potato to make large rectangles and thinly slice on a mandolin. Place in a large bowl, add the duck fat, salt, and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Working along the short edge of a 24cm x 37cm roasting pan, arrange the potato upright from right to left to fill the pan. Roast for 1 hour 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- To make the oregano salt, place the oregano and half the salt in a small food processor and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl, add the remaining salt, and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with oregano salt to serve.
Camberwell Market Fresh Fruit & Veg
- Large Sebago (starchy) potatoes
- Bunch oregano
Nick & Sue’s Gourmet Deli or Camberwell Deli
- Duck fat
- Sea salt flakes
- Cracked pepper