This tasty zucchini gratin uses three delicious cheeses to create a decadent, cheesy flavour, just perfect for winter.
SERVES: 4 | PREP TIME: 5 mins | COOK TIME: 30 mins | TOTAL TIME: 35 mins |EASY
250g mozzarella, sliced
100g grated Parmesan
½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
Salt and pepper to serve
- Slice your zucchinis into rounds (or lengthways), approximately 4 mm thick.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and heat a chargrill pan over high heat.
- Brush the zucchini rounds with 2 tablespoons of oil and grill in batches until charred on both sides. Set them aside.
- Grease the base of an ovenproof roasting dish and create layers by alternating grilled zucchini, mozzarella slices, ricotta, and a pinch of salt. Repeat until all the zucchini is used.
- Sprinkle the top evenly with breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and a pinch of salt. Dot the butter over the top and bake for 25 minutes until the top turns golden brown and crunchy.
- Serve this dish hot, topped with freshly ground black pepper, herbs, and an extra drizzle of oil.