Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
Skill Level: Easy
- 1 bunch basil, leaves picked and stems reserved
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes, plus extra for sprinkling
- 400g vine-ripened tomatoes
- 250g truss cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for cooking
- 2 x 125g burrata or fresh buffalo mozzarella balls
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the reserved basil stems and the salt. Simmer for 3 minutes before removing and discarding the stems. Fill a large bowl with iced water. In batches, add the tomatoes to the boiling water, blanch for 10–20 seconds, and immediately transfer to the iced water to refresh. Allow to cool, drain and peel the tomatoes and set aside.
- Add 1 cup of the basil leaves to the boiling water, blanch for 10 seconds, and transfer to the iced water to refresh. Drain well, squeeze out as much water as possible, and roughly chop. Place in a blender and add the extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt. Blend until the oil is vibrant green in colour. Place a strainer lined with muslin over a bowl. Strain the oil, discarding any solids, and set aside.
- Place extra oil in a small non-stick frying pan over high heat and add the remaining basil leaves. Cook for 1 minute or until crispy. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper and set aside.
- Place the tomatoes and burrata on a serving plate. Drizzle with the basil oil, sprinkle with salt and serve with crispy basil leaves
Camberwell Market Fresh Fruit & Vegetables
- Bunch basil
- Vine-ripened tomatoes
- Truss cherry tomatoes
Nick & Sue’s Gourmet Deli or Camberwell Deli
- Sea salt flakes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Burrata or fresh buffalo mozzarella balls