Prep Time: 20 mins.
Cook Time: 20 mins.
Total Time: 40 mins.
Serves: 8 muffins
Skill Level: Easy
- 600g Dutch Cream or Desiree potatoes
- 2/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 rashers quality streaky bacon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives (or parsley if you prefer)
- 8 small eggs
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200C/180C fan-forced.
- Use your olive oil to grease 8 holes of a 12-hole standard-sized muffin pan.
- Peel and grate your potatoes and finely chop your bacon.
- Squeeze excess moisture from the grated potato.
- Combine potato and Parmesan in a mixing bowl. Season.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the holes of the prepared muffin tin. Using the back of a teaspoon, press the mixture evenly over the base and side of the holes to form a shell. Bake for 15 minutes or until the potato mixture has turned golden.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the bacon and 1/2 the chives (or parsley) over the base of each case. Crack 1 egg into each hole. Sprinkle with remaining bacon and chives (or parsley).
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the egg is just set and the bacon is turning crispy.
- Remove from the oven and stand for 5 minutes. Carefully transfer to a baking paper-lined wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cold.
Camberwell Fruit and Veg:
- Chives or parsley
Nick and Sue’s Gourmet Deli:
- Parmesan Cheese
Camberwell Market Poultry:
- Streaky Bacon