1 1/4 cups plain flour
1 cup traditional rolled oats
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
150g unsalted butter, roughly chopped
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 1/2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 170C. Sift the flour into a large bowl, add oats, sugar and coconut and stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan place the golden syrup and butter and stir over a low heat until the butter has fully melted. Mix the bicarbonate soda with 1 1/2 tablespoons water and add to the golden syrup mixture. Remove from the heat and stir together. It will bubble.
- Pour the golden syrup mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together until combined.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on a lined baking tray, pressing down to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy with your favourite cup of tea!