Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
- 4 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 120g prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 225g mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 1/2 cup sweet Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Pound the chicken breasts flat by wrapping them in plastic wrap and placing them on a wooden chopping board. Pound them until they’re 2cm thick.
- In a separate tray, mix flour, salt and pepper and spread across the tray with a fork to distribute evenly. Dredge both sides of the chicken cutlets in the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess. In a large pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat until it’s nice and hot. Gently place the chicken into the oil and fry for 5 minutes each side until golden, turning once. Cook the chicken in batches to not crowd the pan. Once each piece is cooked, set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium then add the prosciutto to the pan. Sauté for 1 minute to render out some of the fat. After a minute, add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and sauté together with the prosciutto until browned and moisture has evaporated. Pour the Marsala into the pan and boil down for a few seconds to cook out the alcohol. Pour in the chicken stock, then simmer with the Marsala. After the Marsala has reduced, stir in the butter and add the chicken to the sauté to simmer for an additional minute.
- Once cooked, remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped parsley before serving. Then enjoy!
- Chicken breast
Nick & Sue’s Deli or Camberwell Market Deli
Camberwell Market Fruit & Veg
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Flat-leaf parsley
- All-purpose flour
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sweet Marsala wine
- Chicken stock
- Unsalted butter