Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1hr & 15 minutes
Serves: 8 people
Skill Level: Easy
- 9 hot cross buns
- 250g cream cheese, room temperature, chopped
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125g Cadbury Caramilk chocolate, melted and cooled
- 125g fresh raspberries
- Caramel sauce
- 140g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) thickened cream
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan-forced. Grease a 7cm-deep, 20 x 10cm (base measurement) loaf pan. Line with baking paper, allowing the paper to overhang all sides.
- Cut the buns in half horizontally. Line the long sides of the pan with bun tops, cut side inwards. Line the base with bun tops, cut-side up. Place a bun base at each end of the pan.
- Use electric beaters to beat cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until smooth. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the chocolate and beat until just combined.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the pan on top of the buns. Arrange the raspberries on top of the mixture. Place 3 bun bases on top, cut-side down. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 45 minutes until just set with a slight wobble. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Place in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight to set.
- To make the sauce, combine the sugar and 80ml (1/3 cup) water in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook for 8-10 minutes or until dark golden brown. Remove from heat and slowly add the cream. Stir until smooth. Set aside until cooled to room temperature.
- Drizzle the loaf with the caramel sauce to serve.