Embrace the warmth of a sun-kissed Christmas with a backyard feast that celebrates the season’s bounty with these Christmas side dishes. As the grill crackles with anticipation and the air fills with the aroma of roasting delights, elevate your festive table with an array of side dishes designed to complement the jubilant spirit of the occasion.
1. BALSAMIC ROASTED VEGETABLES
- Preheat the oven. Chop a variety of vegetables such as bell peppers, zucchini, carrots, and red onions into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss the vegetables with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Spread them out on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast until they caramelize and turn tender.
2. ROASTED BEETROOT AND FETA SALAD
- Toss roasted beetroot cubes with crumbled feta, baby spinach, toasted walnuts, and a balsamic vinaigrette.
3. GRILLED ASPARAGUS AND LEMON BUTTER
- Coat asparagus spears in olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Grill until tender and slightly charred.
- Drizzle with a mixture of melted butter and fresh lemon juice before serving.
4. MACADAMIA AND CRANBERRY STUFFING
- Sauté diced onions, celery, and garlic in butter until translucent.
- Mix in chopped macadamia nuts, dried cranberries, fresh thyme, and rosemary.
- Toss this mixture with cubed bread, adding enough chicken or vegetable broth to moisten it.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy on top.
5. CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC
- Boil baby potatoes until they’re fork-tender.
- Place them on a baking sheet and, using a fork or potato masher, gently press down on each potato to flatten it without breaking it apart completely.
- Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes, sprinkle minced garlic, fresh rosemary leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Roast in the oven at a high temperature until the edges turn crispy and golden brown.
These dishes offer a diverse mix of flavours and textures, perfect for your upcoming Christmas gathering. Camberwell, what are your go-to sides for Christmas day?