Fresh-cut flowers offer a range of delightful benefits that go beyond their aesthetic charm.
Vibrant colours and inviting fragrances instantly elevate the atmosphere of any room, infusing the space with a touch of natural beauty.
Beyond the visual appeal, studies have shown that the presence of flowers can enhance creativity and productivity, making them an excellent addition to workspaces and home environments alike. What’s not to love?
To keep your bouquet of fresh flowers looking vibrant and beautiful for as long as possible, follow these simple tips as suggested by Hermina, from Camberwell Florist:
- Trim the stems: Use sharp scissors or a knife to cut the ends of the stems at a 45-degree angle. This aids in better water absorption by the flowers.
- Change the water regularly: Every two days, replace the water in the vase to keep it fresh and free from bacteria. Adding a drop of bleach can further help extend the flowers’ lifespan.
- Maintain the water level: Ensure that the water level in the vase covers the stems but not the leaves of the flowers.
- Remove submerged leaves: Any leaves below the waterline should be removed to prevent bacterial growth, which can shorten the flowers’ life.
- Keep the bouquet cool: Avoid direct sunlight and proximity to heat sources. Cooler temperatures will help the flowers last longer.
- Mist the flowers: If the air in the room is dry, occasionally mist the flowers with water to keep them hydrated.
- Keep the vase clean: Clean the vase with hot water, and a small splash of bleach to ensure it’s free from bacteria build-up and maintain its sparkle.
By following these straightforward tips, you can enjoy the beauty of your bouquet for many days to come.