Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings or 8 as a side dish
Skill Level: Easy
For the Chermoula:
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch coriander (washed, leaves and stems)
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley (washed, leaves only)
- 1 bunch mint (washed, leaves only)
For the turmeric sauce:
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
For the cauliflower:
- 1 medium cauliflower with the leaves attached (1 kg)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs (any combination of coriander, mint and/or parsley)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
To make the chermoula:
- Toast the coriander and cumin seeds in a small pan, until the aromas are released (about 2 minutes). Allow to cool, then crush with the back of a small pan or a mortar and pestle.
- Place the seeds, garlic, oil, lemon zest and juice, paprika, salt and red pepper flakes in a blender and puree until smooth. Add the fresh herbs and pulse until it forms a coarse puree.
To make the turmeric sauce:
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
To make the cauliflower:
- Preheat the oven to 180O Celsius and loosely line a baking sheet with aluminium foil.
- Slice the bottom of the core off the cauliflower so that it sits evenly on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle 1 and 1⁄2 tablespoons of the olive oil over the cauliflower and use your hands to coat it evenly. Sprinkle with
- salt and pepper and roast for 45 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and use a fork to gently start to pull apart the crevices of the cauliflower.
- Pour another 11⁄2 tablespoons of olive oil and the lemon juice over the cauliflower, especially into the crevices.
- Return the cauliflower to the oven and roast for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and cover liberally with the chermoula. Roast for another 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the spring greens with a drizzle of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon, and a pinch of salt. Set aside
- Drizzle the cauliflower with the turmeric sauce, sprinkle with the herbs, red pepper flakes and toasted slivered
- Slice into quarters and serve with the salad and the remaining sauce on the side.
Camberwell Market Fresh Fruit & Veg
- Fresh coriander
- Fresh flat leaf parsley
- Fresh mint
- Large Cauliflower
Sweeties Fruit & Nuts
- coriander seeds
- cumin seeds
- slivered almonds
Nick & Sue’s Gourmet Deli
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Smoked paprika
- Sea salt flakes
- Red pepper flakes
- Greek yogurt