Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Serves: 4-6 people
Skill Level: Easy
- 1 1/2kg whole chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 cups bite-size cauliflower florets (about half head)
- 750g potatoes, chopped into roasting size
- 7 carrots, roughly 500g, each chopped into 2-3 chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 450 g green beans (about 6 cups), trimmed
- Heat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- Stir together parsley, tarragon, garlic, all but 1 tsp of the oil, the lemon juice and cayenne pepper in a small bowl, then set aside.
- Snip the string or elastic off the chicken if it’s tied up, then place in a big roasting tin. Shove halved lemon into the cavity. Separate half of the parsley mixture, add butter to it and rub all over the chicken.
- Coat the cauliflower and potatoes with the remaining half the parsley mixture. Arrange the chicken, cauliflower, potato and carrot on a foil-lined rimmed baking tray, and coat everything in oil.
- Roast for 20 mins, then turn the oven down to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) to roast for an additional 50 mins.
- 5-10 minutes before the baking is done, toss green beans with remaining oil, salt and pepper then add to the baking tray with the rest of the roast. Bake for the last 5-6 minutes of the roasting time, or until vegetables are tender and juices run clear when chicken is pierced. Remove from the oven when done, carve up and arrange on a plate to serve and enjoy!
Golden Rooster or Camberwell Market Poultry
- Whole chicken
Camberwell Market Fruit & Veg
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh tarragon
- Lemon juice
- Cayenne pepper
- Green beans
Nick and Sue’s Gourmet Deli
- Olive oil