Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 people
Skill Level: Easy
- 350g Smoked Salmon
- 14 x 15cm pieces crusty bread (or use 4 long bread rolls)
- 1/4 cup peri peri spicy mayonnaise
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp butter, chopped
- 60g rocket leaves
- Halve bread and spread cut sides with mayonnaise. Use a fork to whisk eggs, milk and chilli flakes in a bowl until just combined. Set aside for a few minutes to allow foam to settle. Use a fork to whisk eggs, milk and chilli flakes in a bowl until just combined. Set aside for a few minutes to allow foam to settle.
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add butter, melt and swirl to coat pan base. Add egg mixture and cook without stirring for 30 seconds.
- Using a wide spatula, push the set eggs around outer edge toward the centre of the pan, tilting the pan to allow the uncooked egg to run over the base. Gently push eggs around pan every 15 seconds until soft folds form and one quarter mixture is unset. Remove from heat. Gently fold the egg mixture once more.
- Divide scrambled eggs and rocket between bread, season with salt and pepper then sprinkle with parmesan. Add your smoked salmon to your plate, serve and enjoy.
- Smoked Salmon
Nick & Sues Deli or Camberwell Market Deli
- Crusty bread
- Parmesan Cheese
Camberwell Market Fruit & Veg
- Rocket leaves
Golden Rooster or Camberwell Market Poultry
- Spicy peri peri mayonnaise